Where to get thingamajiggies to attach canvas?

MAArcher

Rear Admiral
Where would I get those little things where there's a grommet in the canvas and you put it over the thingamajiggie and twist it to hold it on? I have a bunch of old heavy military canvas and I'm thinking of making canvas curtains for the boat.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

P18Flirt

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
Pointer 18 / BHM 28

c1steve

Captain
Sailrite has high quality products at very reasonable prices. Much better than ebay.
These things come in plated brass as well as stainless. They also have how to install videos.

Cool Boat

Commander
Just to note, on our cockpit cover we use the quarter turns AND 1/4" elastic shock cord. The shock cord is just tied in a single overhand knot, pushed through a brass grommet (from inside) in the cover. The shock cord loops go over the cleats and at the forward corners hook onto the jib track. The shock cord loops last at least 5 years and I just replaced some this week, with the rest in good shape still. Sailrite has shock cord hook fittings too, for areas where you may not have a cleat. This cover has had zero issues in storms, etc over the past 6 seasons (24/7/365) and that is with the ends raised up for good ventilation. I'll get and post a picture if anyone wants more details. That same shock cord can be sewn into the hem of an outboard motor cover too.
1618184722280.png
1618184766852.png
This shows the elastic snapped over a cleat, and also the hook that is below it, but was not really needed. In some areas, like the port and starboard jib winches, we have a hook on either side. I note that the loops stay in the canvas and do not come out as they stay in a bowed shape.

Last edited:
Top Bottom