Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
1996 31 BHM
Help!?! What should I do first?

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
1st remove the top and fill the filter can with fuel. You maybe below the ports. Next check the top gasket make sure it is not pitched and fresh. Next make sure the bottom plug is not leaking and letting air in.

ripta13

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
1996 31 BHM
The fuel comes to the top of the racor then creeps down. The cylinder only stays about 1/3 full. I don't see any visible leaks and I poured in a few gallons checking around. I've changed this racor probably 12 times and usually only need one solo cup full to top it off. What do you think happened?

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
It could also be a clogged vent line on your fuel tank. If you have no signs of a leak, smell no diesel. The only place that fuel can go is back into the fuel tank. If you do not have a Racor guage, buy the one that spins on the top of the racor and see if you are drawing vacuum.

j dandy

Lieutenant
check the center stud should be a small 1/2 gasket under cover, it may have dropped off.

j dandy

Lieutenant
sorry i think the gasket is on the top. happened to me one time , would not pick up the fuel.

ripta13

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
1996 31 BHM
Inside the centrifuge, the thing that spins theres a check ball that failed. The check ball is inside the glass globe. I found out its actually plastic. You drop the 4 screws that holds on the globe, unscrew the centrifuge and its rite there. I took off the whole system and my mechanic ultra sonic cleaned it. Back in action after missing a weekend. Ill be cleaning this more often now now. Glad it happened at the dock. Thanks for all the responses. Great website!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom