Why no new Northern Bay 36s?

Captlvb

Lieutenant Commander
Website
www.missbarnegatlight.com
Boat Make
235 Kencraft
Just curious why we have not seen many NB 36s built since General Marine got the molds. I know the NB 38 is a beast and all but would thing a few 36s, I think 1 to date (Nightingale) has been built.
Lou

tunamojo

Rear Admiral
Website
Www.wickedweasel.com
Boat Make
Holland 32
They have not pulled one boat out of the mold since they got it.

See below..... Guess maybe they have pulled a few..... Last I spoke to them they were not, however it was back when I put Danitlu together.

Last edited:

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Eslang's 36 was a gm36 and he has nothing but great things to say about them. I think the main reason is that the 38 is the same price and pushes easier and is much bigger. Also gm does not really market the boat very well, they need to catch up with the times and update there web info.

tunamojo

Rear Admiral
Website
Www.wickedweasel.com
Boat Make
Holland 32
Eslang's 36 was a gm36 and he has nothing but great things to say about them. I think the main reason is that the 38 is the same price and pushes easier and is much bigger. Also gm does not really market the boat very well, they need to catch up with the times and update there web info.

Tuna, funny I had not heard of a single boat.....
I asked them about one when I put Dantilu together, they were not ready to pull a hull from that mold, I would have loved to have one, General Marine has built so many nice boats !!!

Last edited:

Eslang

Commander
Boat Make
43 Flowers
My friend and I built ours at the same time. His is the red one, Buddy B, finished by SE Newman. Mine was white, Meghan Ann, finished by Alan Johnson. Both boats are built like brick shit houses. Stacie is a great, stand up, guy who over builds a hull & top.
As far as the 38 or the 36 being a better boat, I can't comment on the 38 but both of these 36's have been out in some weather!!! Both have proven themselves to be great sea boats. Both have comparable HP and top out at 30 KTS
To my knowledge, Stacie built a few before and after us.

Top Bottom