wicked tuna

1rider

Lieutenant Commander
I was told that the right way to catch a tuna is to swim/revive it after the fight before bleeding/killing it. If that's the way, how come they don't show it on the show?
I am guessing the producers recognize the masses that watch the show and do not fish themselves would view it as torturing the fish, rather than caring for the what it is being harvested for.

In the same way the folks who’s only knowledge of Bluefin Tuna fishing comes from the show are likely under the impression the spiny dogfish is a myth from forgotten times.

Ms.Aimee

Captain
I liked the earlier seasons when they put 3 tuna on their boats. The show had a different vibe when the Osysea,Bounty Hunter,Wicked Pissah (with Bruce),. Good point about the $$$$ rolling in it seems
Bruce Hebert (pauls brother) is a legend. He runs his charter business locally to me (southern maine). All the old timers all say he was the best here in the gulf of maine in the 90s. He ran the Liberty Rose, 35 JC I believe.

Haddock

Captain
First Name
Mike
Boat Make
23' Maritime Marine Voyageur
I was thinking that would be the time where everyone's still wound up from the catch and finally has a second to talk about what just went on.
They just want the drama; I know a captain that interviewed for the show and the first question asked was if he ever got into a fight with another BFT captain!

slow troller

Captain
Boat Make
Fortier 26
I watched a couple of episodes.. got boring to me..Some real funny lines though
F/V .Coms boat had to be North of 800,000. I know he was a pilot. Not buying boats with income from fish
Now wicked Pissah new boat looks as big as F/V .Com. Bob Cook has new boat on order. Pizza business must be good.

Codcruncher

Commander
F/V .Coms boat had to be North of 800,000. I know he was a pilot. Not buying boats with income from fish
Now wicked Pissah new boat looks as big as F/V .Com. Bob Cook has new boat on order. Pizza business must be good.
I heard .com was 1.2 mil.....from a pretty reliable source

Tuna Hotline

Captain
I thought Paul's new boat was going to be the same as Dark Horse. As far as .com goes, who cares what the real price was, NatGeo picked up 80% of the bill.

Reel polack

Ensign
First Name
Bobby
I absolutely love watching the show. My biggest issue is the editing. They will show someone cranking on a reel in flat conditions and then show the hook pull in 4-6' chop. There was one episode where the hook pulled and they showed underwater footage of a giant trevally swimming away. I have spent some time at cape Ann and that Sandro is a class act. Very respectful and appreciative of me asking for a picture

Reel polack

Ensign
First Name
Bobby
I absolutely love watching the show. My biggest issue is the editing. They will show someone cranking on a reel in flat conditions and then show the hook pull in 4-6' chop. There was one episode where the hook pulled and they showed underwater footage of a giant trevally swimming away. I have spent some time at cape Ann and that Sandro is a class act. Very respectful and appreciative of me asking for a picture
I also pause a lot and look in fine detail how things are set up. There is some knowledge to gain from the show for newbies like me. Yesterday my wife was screaming at me because I watched everyone of old muds YouTube videos 3 times

sailor of fortune

Rear Admiral
First Name
Jack
Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
I also pause a lot and look in fine detail how things are set up. There is some knowledge to gain from the show for newbies like me. Yesterday my wife was screaming at me because I watched everyone of old muds YouTube videos 3 ti
Ain't nothing real about reality TV... My ex was a segment producer on the first reality tv show to ever hit TV... Rescue 911...

Top Bottom