willis beal 36

djmarchand

Captain
Boat Make
Atlas Pompano 23 outboard
Several months ago I made a serious inquiry about this boat. I didn't want the gasser and given that the ad says that they will consider repowering with diesel, I spec'd out a Cummins 6BTA and a Northern Lights genset to replace the two gas engines. Never heard back from the seller and bought another boat.

So I assume they are only interested in selling as is with the gassers.

It would probably take 250-300 hp to move her at 15 kts which is doable with the 8.1 gasser but it would only last at best a thousand hours at that rate and burn 20-25 gph of gas.

David

guitarman

Commander
Boat Make
Dyer 29 Hardtop
so if you ran it a couple years with the gas and then repower in two or three years wouldn't you still be money ahead. boats like this with a diesel are up around 200000 or more. still seems like a good value you can burn alot of fuel for 60000 or 70000 dollars if you rebuilt that gas ever four or five years wouldn't be bad would it.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
What is the difference between this hull and my RP35 Willis Beal? It is going to take more than 250HP to 300HP to move at 15 knots...

I have a 430 Cummins in mine and at 90% get 14.5kts, tops out 17-17.5... The Willis Beal's never seemed to be a "slick boat through water...

Although I am still learning...

Drakes

Lieutenant
This boat has a gas engine in it for starters...secondly did you see what is in this boat? You could put a 700 Volvo in this and this boat is going to have a hard time getting out of its own way...

guitarman

Commander
Boat Make
Dyer 29 Hardtop
ya that's what i thought that may be why its priced like it is the grand banks 36 was like that only about 8 knots but boy it was nice in every other way i thought these might be a little faster

Top Bottom