Windows

rubber gasket

we have used that gasket when installing rubber gasketed windows. This is an alternative to aluminum framed windows. These windows are used a lot in heavy equipment. They are ok but as secure as aluminum framed windows. It is possible to dislodge the window by a heavy hit. UV will break down the rubber over time. If you do decide to use the rubber gasket, make sure that the radius is not too tight as this adds to cracking of the rubber and makes it difficult to close the cover on the gasket

pyrofan

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
wilcox and midland
I've used that type of gasket on many wheelhouse windows. As was said earlier use at least a 4" dia ...like a coffee can...to make the corners, 5" is better. The rubber insert can be difficult to install without the proper tool. Spray silicone helps with installation, also use the silicone once a year to help keep the rubber from deteriorating.
I've been very lucky, never had a window pop out. Had a couple of windows crack over the years, once by a rogue wave and once by my butt during a storm.
There is also a one piece type of rubber gasket that we have used in the past, a little thicker profile. Just as good.
We like to install the seam at the top of the window. Also cut the rubber about an inch longer.

Top Bottom