Windsheild wipers

Prime Time II

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Maine Coaster
Wipers or no wipers ? Do most of you guys have windsheild wipers?I dont but have been considering installing a set .My boat did not have when i got it 4 yrs ago but did from the factory.Who has&and Who dont ?

TwoRivers

Lieutenant
Boat Make
BHM Flyepointe 32' 1989
Yes I have windshield wipers, but I am new to the DE boats and to the forum. I will keep them I'm sure!

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Yes, I hate looking through a wet window. But I do spend ALOT of time with my fingers on the switch!

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
All I can say is I used to hate them but love them now that I have a blade that I can buy at an auto store.

I still use Rain-X but nothing beats a wiper when your coming around a shoal, trying to find a buoy. Before getting my boat under agreement I was thinking of installing them on all 3 of my windows just to open up the visibility in tight quarters.

Someone used to sell an intermittent switch, which was great, I thought I picked one off the shelf at West Marine but haven't seen it when I went to replace it, I'm sure you can find it somewhere.

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Prime,yes to a wiper...and try to get a old washer fluid pump from a old car.....it works great when you have those windy sunny days when the salt spray drys real fast....clean rite away

8943post

Commander
Boat Make
33 Duffy
I had wipers and washers installed but still use RainX as well. Imtra makes an intermittent wiper which works real well.

MBILL

Commander
Boat Make
35 Duffy&Duffy
No wipers (35 Duffy). I use RainX. The key is to apply it regularly, it just takes a few minnutes. I prefer the RainX over most wiper options I've seen.

starrfish

Commander
Boat Make
35 duffy
i have been on the fence with this one for over a year now..i dont have a wiper but am thinking about it.. been using rain x for over 8 years.. works ok.. i have just found this other stuff called 'surf nano products'.. its expensive.. BUT i put it on once a season, maybee twice, not like once a week with rain x ..
when i first applied it, i only put it on the helm window, rain x the other 2... there is a huge difference after about a week of charter fishing...its pretty great stuff.. but still considering a wiper

jerseysportfisher

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bertram 33SF
Last edited:

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
Aquapel may be your answer, seems to last a lot longer.

[YOUTUBE]JbGBal94kAs[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Top Bottom