Wire Stripper, Crimper and Heat Shrink Connection Torch Recommendations

Prdlobster

Commander
What are some good wire strippers, crimpers and heat shrink connection torches? Looking for individual tools not the combos. Basic, no frills is fine.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
1605778919203.png I used to really like this "STYLE" with the crimper above the joint. However I forget if it was Klein or the SK one I bought would actually start to roll over on the 14-16 which pissed me off. T&K Or something used to make a nice model of this but it was like $60.

For Stripper I do like this version and usually have both on the boat.

1605779181304.png
For little torches, I sort of switch to battery powered heat gun recently, not sure how I like it, havent used it enough. Little butane guy works fine but I have some reservations about using them sometimes.

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland
Last edited:

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
heat gun for stripping paint is what I use for shrink fittings/tubing.

I've used the cheapo auto strippers before. They work good, till they break.

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 06.38.27.png

Wiretime

Lieutenant
I use an old set of Radio Shack strippers like the vise grips pictured above. They are perfect for trying to get a bunch of wires stripped with consistent bare ends. Something I've been using off the boat lately has been the Wago (and not the knock off brand) lever. 221 sample order | WAGO USA Some seem to think they meet ABYC or other standards, but not sure how I feel about them on a boat. I'm now down to heat shrink and solder or the lever nuts, including on our ATV.

Top Bottom