Wolverine Oil pan heater

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Ordered a 250W Wolverine oil pan heater for the new Cummins 370.

https://www.wolverineheater.com/default.asp

I keep the engines warm 24/7/365 during the boating season and during the winter when the boat is hauled.

Helps keep condensation and sweating down to a minimum (surface rust) and helps with starting and less smoke @ startup especially in the early and late season when it's cold.

I have 250W block heaters on the 370s in the Blackfin. Have worked excellent for 6 years. Keeps the cylinder head around "armpit warm".

I figured I'd try a new way to heat the motor this time. From the bottom up :D
Heat the oil and let the heat rise.

When I opened the package and looked at the #18 (made for the Cummins oil pan I was surprised how small these pan heaters are.

FWIW, Bill D

IMG_1984.jpg

oldshell55

Captain
Boat Make
BHM36 , 38’ young bros ,
:)
Ordered a 250W Wolverine oil pan heater for the new Cummins 370.

https://www.wolverineheater.com/default.asp

I keep the engines warm 24/7/365 during the boating season and during the winter when the boat is hauled.

Helps keep condensation and sweating down to a minimum (surface rust) and helps with starting and less smoke @ startup especially in the early and late season when it's cold.

I have 250W block heaters on the 370s in the Blackfin. Have worked excellent for 6 years. Keeps the cylinder head around "armpit warm".

I figured I'd try a new way to heat the motor this time. From the bottom up
Heat the oil and let the heat rise.

When I opened the package and looked at the #18 (made for the Cummins oil pan I was surprised how small these pan heaters are.

FWIW, Bill D

did you look in the box for the rest of the parts, just kidding :)

jon3030

Commander
Boat Make
35' Five Islands
I have one, installed it this Fall and it works pretty good and was only around $80.

Curmudgeon

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
44' Stanley, 40 Webbers Cove, 19 Ocean Pointer
I have a smaller Wolverine on my generator installed last year and it's been great so far. I did make the mistake of reaching under the pan to see how hot it was. A mistake you won't make twice.

oldshell55

Captain
Boat Make
BHM36 , 38’ young bros ,
a lot less complicated than the percolator, though my perc is 900w and really warms the engine compartment well, also has hoses etc. to keep an eye on. if I could reach under my pan I would definitely try one

cb34

Rear Admiral
Heat pad

I give up, I can't find model 18 on their site:(

cb34

Rear Admiral
heat

Thanks all, I have something coming my way from there soon.

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
Installation instructions tell you to get rid of any paint on where you're going to put it, and to have a rough surface structure. Warm the pad up and stick it in place then warm it up again and press harder on it. What are you going to do with all that, just leave it exposed to the conditions down there in the bilge?

Just curious.

John 40

Lieutenant Commander
I just installed the same one Bill, I couldn't get under the pan so stuck it to the front as low as possible. I roughed up the surface only where the pad adheres but didn't remove all of the paint. The heater works great, and I'm sure will radiate the heat better from the bottom of the pan. Sealed the edges with high temp silicone.

tunafishhkg

Captain
Boat Make
35 Duffy
Got to make sure to get all the paint off and then after sealing edges, paint with high heat is a must to protect steel pans. With the heat and dry conditions, there is less chance of rust also LOL Seen them drop off if the prep is not done correctly but I have had mine on the bottom 13yrs 24/7 and the paint looks great even on the pad.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Got to make sure to get all the paint off and then after sealing edges, paint with high heat is a must to protect steel pans. With the heat and dry conditions, there is less chance of rust also LOL Seen them drop off if the prep is not done correctly but I have had mine on the bottom 13yrs 24/7 and the paint looks great even on the pad.

Bingo, there's the answer.
I'll mask off/tape off with something and wet sand 60 grit just a bit larger than the heat pad. Stick her on there and touch up with paint.

I have an easier install than most, I can see and easily reach under the pan.

Top Bottom