WTB 23-26' Must Have Enclosed Head

CaptMD

Lieutenant Commander
For pure pleasure around the Southern Maine / NH / North Shore Mass coast
For a couple to sleep on 2 or 3 nights at a time.
Soft top preferred or a hardtop that can be removed (I have 10' bridge restriction at high tide at my Portsmouth, NH dock)
Not looking for a project but a little work is acceptable to get the right boat
No preference on power
Less is more; no need for electric, fridge etc.
Radar, VHF, chartplotter a must but I can add those.
Looking to spend from $16,000-25,000

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Something wrong with using a poncho and a bucket? :eek:;) That's a tough order on a D.E. boat. You may end up building your own enclosed head on a boat that has enough room while still providing adequate room for sleeping. Maybe go outboard and look for something like a 25'-26' Grady White. The Rosborough might have an enclosed head but is generally priced higher than your budget allows. Best of luck with your search.

CaptMD

Lieutenant Commander
Something wrong with using a poncho and a bucket? :eek:;) That's a tough order on a D.E. boat. You may end up building your own enclosed head on a boat that has enough room while still providing adequate room for sleeping. Maybe go outboard and look for something like a 25'-26' Grady White. The Rosborough might have an enclosed head but is generally priced higher than your budget allows. Best of luck with your search.
I agree it is a tall order but I have seen boats checking all the boxes. It's just that they were for sale before I started my search and are sold now or are too far away from me.

Nickh

Lieutenant
First Name
Nick
I think you’re looking for a cabin cruiser. Your not getting a Downeaster that size with a plumbed head unless you want to custom build something. Look at used boat in this style. Should suit your needs perfectly.

Attachments

• 77A8BF2F-10FC-4FDA-8E4E-3A94315AAC25.png
    77A8BF2F-10FC-4FDA-8E4E-3A94315AAC25.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 10

CaptMD

Lieutenant Commander
I think you’re looking for a cabin cruiser. Your not getting a Downeaster that size with a plumbed head unless you want to custom build something. Look at used boat in this style. Should suit your needs perfectly.
I appreciate your response, thank you. I have found cabin cruisers to have very small cabins and no enclosed heads. But I have seen what I want in these boats at my price point, just need to find one near me for sale:

Limestone 24, 80s era
Seaway Seafarer 24 and 26, 80s and early 90s era
Shamrock 26
Crosby Striper 24, some
Fortier 26, some
GM 25, some

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
So if you close the door to the vee berth the head in the vee berth is enclosed. Just how I look at it.
In that size range an enclosed head would be so small as to be impractacle. They do exist and you may find one but you might not like the lack of space.
Good luck

Nickh

Lieutenant
First Name
Nick
Do you want a toilet and holding tank or just an area where you have privacy to use a ports potty? Big difference.

CaptMD

Lieutenant Commander
Do you want a toilet and holding tank or just an area where you have privacy to use a ports potty? Big difference.
An area designated for a porta-potty is sufficient; I don't want the porta-potty just under something in the cabin, I'd like it behind a door.

CaptMD

Lieutenant Commander
So if you close the door to the vee berth the head in the vee berth is enclosed. Just how I look at it.
In that size range an enclosed head would be so small as to be impractacle. They do exist and you may find one but you might not like the lack of space.
Good luck
I understand what you are saying and for the daylight hours I suppose that would be acceptable, but having to use the head during the sleeping hours it would not be to our liking at all.

CaptMD

Lieutenant Commander
Maybe you mean like this boat? Anyone have opinions on an '83 Carver Monterey 23'. This looks like a nice hull. Anyone have/ had one and can speak for its handling or anything? I have not seen it in person yet, was looking for some feedback before making the drive and spending the time.

4A1A4373-082F-48C4-A55B-F7E059285FA4_1_105_c.jpeg

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Maybe a 26' Sisu bass boat might do the trick for you. They do come with outboards as well as inboard power. Soft top to get under the bridge and enclosed head. But it will most likely be at the top of your budget if not a bit over.

Edit: We must have posted at the same time. Given your interest in the Carver, you should be searching on The Hull Truth and are bound to be much more successful there.

CaptMD

Lieutenant Commander
Maybe a 26' Sisu bass boat might do the trick for you. They do come with outboards as well as inboard power. Soft top to get under the bridge and enclosed head. But it will most likely be at the top of your budget if not a bit over.

Edit: We must have posted at the same time. Given your interest in the Carver, you should be searching on The Hull Truth and are bound to be much more successful there.
Good idea, I will ask about the Carver there. Seems like a lot of boating experience on here too!! And I will look for a 26' Sisu. I do prefer the Sisu, Crosby, Fortier, etc look more than the Carver but if I were assured it was as seaworthy as these DE boats it could still do the trick as i continued my search for my preferred boat.

Last edited:

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
I understand what you are saying and for the daylight hours I suppose that would be acceptable, but having to use the head during the sleeping hours it would not be to our liking at all.
I understand. Mrs sleeps on the side where the head is. If she needs it at night she uses it. More often than not it is an on deck "outdoor" affair.
To each his own.
Good luck with your search. There is something out there for you but I think it may not be a Downeast boat in the under 25 class.

CaptShip

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Coastal 24
1988 Albin 27Aft cabin

It may make it under the bridge:cool: will the Carver? It is in your price range and does have an enclosed head. Not a DE or local and is 10" over your max length, but it would be a fun trip to bring it home. I couldn't tell you if Albin is a quality builder, have seen a few around.

Last edited:

Eastporter

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
This is not in your budget but I did find the holy grail. 26' beauty with an enclosed head

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland
Top Bottom