WTB 24' Eastern/Seaway or similar

vaeastern

Ensign
Looking for a used Downeaster in the 24' range. Single outboard with pilothouse. Budget? Yes definitely. 40k for the right boat with a sweet motor.

Thanks

Frank

Last edited:

nickyp

Captain
Boat Make
20ft dyer
That looks like a great little package for a good price. I've admired that one for awhile.
You'll have to squeeze in a head if it's on your wish list

vaeastern

Ensign
Thanks Eastporter. I've been thinking about inquiring about that one but regret the lack of trim tabs and minimal equipment level. But its very close.

nickyp

Captain
Boat Make
20ft dyer
I just installed a little Garmin GPS fish finder, with a shoot through transducer. They are really easy to install, if space to swing a wrench is tight, and you can do it in the water

toolmaker

Commander
vaeatern--- give Paul at Atlantic Outboard in Westbrook, CT a call. Paul is a Eastern and Seaway dealer and has a few used downeast outboards on jis lot. Paul is a great guy and very easy to work with. If you call him tell him Capt Jay Mulligan referred you to him. good luck, Jay [toolmaker]

vaeastern

Ensign
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Will follow up on all of them. I saw that 24 Lobster in person in Yarmouth. Wish it didn't have the pilothouse door but otherwise a nice option.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
What a great site- right? Guy is here on his first post asking for a little help and by his 3rd he has half dozen options. Come back and update us VA!

vaeastern

Ensign
My thoughts exactly, Toolate. Sincere thanks to all who offered info and advice. I'll update when a decision is made.

drydiver

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Cape Dory
Dont konw if you are still in the market for the 24 Eastern Lobster but mine is for sale. 2004 24' Eastern Lobster, Honda 150 with 800hrs. I am second owner. Bought bigger boat so this one needs to go.

vaeastern

Ensign
Hi drydiver. I am still in the market. Would be happy to hear /see more about yours.

drydiver

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Cape Dory
I posted it on this site a few days ago. Take a look at the photos and let me know if you would like to see it. Just finished winterizing and shrink wrap today.

230.jpg

Last edited:

vaeastern

Ensign
Thanks drydiver. I checked out your posting and will certainly keep it in mind. Overall, looks like a good option.

Top Bottom