wtb 35/36 foot lobster/ charter

fishybusiness

Lieutenant
Website
www.northwindcharters.net
Boat Make
2520 Parker sport cabin
Hello everyone, I am in the market for a lobster/ charter boat. I live in California, so when would you recommend that I make a trip back there? Don't want to go when no boats are an the market. Thanks, Matt...

Last edited:

fishybusiness

Lieutenant
Website
Boat Make
2520 Parker sport cabin
wtb 35-36 lobster

I have around 70-80k, so I know what I get isn't going to be spectacular. However, I don't really care what brand it is as long as it has a solid engine, lost of deck space and preferably a winter back. Duffy, Beale, ect. Mostly going to use it as a charter boat, and some sport crabbing but I want a boat that can work if they put a squeeze on our sport fishery. Also, would like to have a good shaft seal and a rudder that isn't ready to fall off. It needs to cruise at least 14kts. I'll have to set it up for my fishery out here and the shipping is going to kill me along with all the other stuff like flying out there and rooms, car so on. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Matt

Roy-c

Commander
Athearn marine had a boat listed a while back that was sitting in a vineyard in Calif. I think it may have been larger than you are looking for but it might be worth a call to John Moran.

Toolate

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50

Teaserhead

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
1990 Flye Pt. 32 BHM
Have you tried looking around Santa Barbara marina? I was surprised how many DE boats I saw when I was there. That's where I got mine from. Patience, you will find one out west.

fishybusiness

Lieutenant
Website
Boat Make
2520 Parker sport cabin
Santa Barbra

I have a buddy that lives there that I used to commercial fish with, and he has his eyes out for me also. Nothing yet I'll just keep pounding the pavement. Thanks for the ideas and replies guys I really appreciate it.

Top Bottom