Wtb 35-40' BHM, Duffy, Calvin, Osmond ect

CaptLuke

Rear Admiral
Hey guys I'm looking for a 35-40' tuna boat. I've been searching far and wide and have been coming up empty. I have come come across a few boats that in hind site should have been bough but since they were the first two I looked at I was hesitant to pull the trigger as I feared buyers remorse when something better popped up right after I bought it. Well I was wrong and now with tuna season only a few months away I'm getting worried ill be hitching rides for yet another year. I am a merchant mariner and I know some of you may think its foolish but I'd like to start fishing commercially in my time off. I don't plan on making a killing but if I could cover the some of the expenses it would be nice.

Here are the general specs of what I'm looking for:
Closed stern
Split wheel house
Solid Glass
I'd like to be able to do 17-18kts for tourneys or if need be
Respectable motor ( nothing funky I.e Daytona)
300+ gal however Id be willing to strap a bladder down somewhere
Fish hold would be nice but not a deal breaker
Some kind of berth down below (Girl friends requirement since I'm planning in buying the boat before buying her a house)

That's pretty much it. My budget is about 100k
Thanks for any help!
-Luke

Last edited:

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

Captain
I wish you the best. The right boat will come your way. When you find it you need to act fast. A lot of others are looking as well. I love looking and buying boats.

The last 3 out of 4 boats I lost for one reason or the other (and i am an all cash buyer) but as soon as I lost out, another good boat came up. Out of the 3 I lost only 1 was a boat I feel bad about.

Not many perfect boats out there so keep that in mind when looking. A little give and take. Sounds like you have narrowed done what you are looking for and with a $100k budget you will find your boat.

Keep Looking and don't give up!!

ps: don't buy her a house until you marry her. :)

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
Yeah I was gonna say Risky's 35 Five Islands is a real sweet ride and meets most of your requirements and well within your budget. Worth a look

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
Good luck i have been looking for the same for a few years and its tuff if i see anything good ill let you know. Good luck in your hunt are you looking for a canyan boat or for that and bft boat

CaptLuke

Rear Admiral
Good luck i have been looking for the same for a few years and its tuff if i see anything good ill let you know. Good luck in your hunt are you looking for a canyan boat or for that and bft boat

Canyon boat. I really like riskybusiness' boat however it's pretty lite on fuel to do what I want to do. not to opposed to bladders but it'll eat up some deck space.

Last edited:

Montauk Rocket

Commander
Capt. Mark here in Montauk is for sale.

39' BHM, twin scanias. I know he did a pretty extensive refit including stainless exhausts and engine rebuilds in the recent past.

I would trust that boat in the deepest of shit.

CaptLuke

Rear Admiral
Well I'm still on the hunt for a new rig please let me know if you know of anything that hasn't been posted up here yet. I've seen everything that's been up as I spend almost all of my idle time on this forum.
Thanks,
Luke

ripta13

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
1996 31 BHM
I herd the nicole marie 35 donelle out of mtk is for sale. i could be be wrong but I herd it was back on the market. I haven't scene it listed in a few years though.

jsakovits

Captain
Boat Make
36' Calvin Beal
Have been looking for a similar boat in the 30 to 36' foot range and have turned this into a full time occupation. If I only got paid for the time spent looking...............

CaptLuke

Rear Admiral
If I were getting paid to do this I'd be having my super 46 wesmac built by now. I wonder if the admins can tell me my average hrs per day and total hours on this site. Hopefully something will happen for both of us before the season is in full swing!

jsakovits

Captain
Boat Make
36' Calvin Beal
Congrats's....

If you happen to find anything else under $100K would appreciate if you sent it my way.

Many thanks

CaptLuke

Rear Admiral
Congrats's....

If you happen to find anything else under $100K would appreciate if you sent it my way.

Many thanks

Jsakovits,
I will definitely let you know of I come across anything. I'm addicted to looking so if I see anything you'll be the first to know.

Top Bottom