WTB: 42' Wesmac Sedan for Tuna

Crabman

Lieutenant Commander
What are u doing with the Bhm?

I'm hoping it has a home real close by. It's one of those boats with a purpose and would be difficult and very expensive to duplicate. The superstructure is an incredible rig for crabbing, light day scalloping and clamming. The beauty is, by removing a couple of bolts, all the rigging comes off very easily for other fisheries. We, however, are use to it and leave it on even while tuna fishing. It comes in very handy.

Lotsofclams.jpg

Tuna-on-rigging.jpg

Tuna-on-rigging.jpg

Crabman

Lieutenant Commander
36 BHM: Biggest Little Boat in the Bay. Flye Point

This is a great boat.

BHM-75.jpg

Oldphotos154.jpg

Fortunately, I don't need to sell it before buying the Wesmac. Unfortunately, I need to sell it after but it won't be a fire sale. For those that might be interested:

My 36' BHM, Flye Point Marine, rock solid fishing boat is near perfect for you younger guys who are looking to get into a used Downeast boat. Elbow grease and gel coating the deck puts this beauty back to mint. I will show you all the flaws I know and they are easily fixed as general maintance. 1100 hours on new, not rebuilt, Cat 3208 T/A and new Twin Disc Transmission. Most of those hours were trolling speed. Solas A raft. General Category compliant. VMS. 17 kt. cruise, 22 kt. WOT. All electronics upgraded two years ago. New Simrad AP-28 Auto-pilot, tracks the boat like a dream. 1000 watt Airmar B-260 transducer. Furuno 585. Totally turnkey. As soon as the wind dies, it will be back out to the Hudson Canyon earning it's keep catching more tuna or tilefish or seabass or cod or inshore crab or conch. Complete Hudson Canyon overnight tuna trip and day troll burning under 200 gallons of #2 and that ain't shit.

BHM-75.jpg

Last edited:

blinsquirrel

Lieutenant Commander
I'm open to options. I agree, a bridge is not a bad thing but one of my crew, who actually thinks he has a say, wants the look AND, that includes five windows. Although I have not had the opportunity to compare them up close, I kinda liked the three for visibility. He feels the five are stronger. Opinions???

Just saying....5 windows without a bridge is a mean looking downeast...don't get me wrong...I would gladly welcome a 3 window 42 with a bridge into the fleet....it's gonna be a bit of an adjustment coming back from the canyon though...I guess we're gonna need some decent scrub brushes...the "it'll rain" cleaning concept won't cut it anymore

Crabman

Lieutenant Commander
Now hazel brown.

If you sell Fishwish and give me the proceeds......I still could not come close.

I don't think Q-2 is for sale but it looks nice. Did you see the interior photos? Someone spent a lot of time in there. I definitely am not looking for too much more than being able to hose it down if need be.

Interesting, can I send some of the crew out to tilefish while I troll and look? On the nice days that little boat would be a blast. I guess it would have to have it's own permit. Forget it, I'm not shelling out another $20.00 for a permit.

Last edited:

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
If you sell Fishwish and give me the proceeds......I still could not come close.

I don't think Q-2 is for sale but it looks nice. Did you see the interior photos? Someone spent a lot of time in there. I definitely am not looking for too much more than being able to hose it down if need be.

Interesting, can I send some of the crew out to tilefish while I troll and look? On the nice days that little boat would be a blast. I guess it would have to have it's own permit. Forget it, I'm not shelling out another $20.00 for a permit.

The q2 is now the hazel brown. They extended it and made it a 46.

Crabman

Lieutenant Commander
O, I C. O K Q T ∏. M R 2 NICE 42'S. 42 K 2 NOW 46 HB N 42 Q 2 STILL 42 Q 2. Got it.

tuna_fan

Captain
First Name
Eric
This is a great boat.

View attachment 9256

Oldphotos154.jpg

Fortunately, I don't need to sell it before buying the Wesmac. Unfortunately, I need to sell it after but it won't be a fire sale. For those that might be interested:

My 36' BHM, Flye Point Marine, rock solid fishing boat is near perfect for you younger guys who are looking to get into a used Downeast boat. Elbow grease and gel coating the deck puts this beauty back to mint. I will show you all the flaws I know and they are easily fixed as general maintance. 1100 hours on new, not rebuilt, Cat 3208 T/A and new Twin Disc Transmission. Most of those hours were trolling speed. Solas A raft. General Category compliant. VMS. 17 kt. cruise, 22 kt. WOT. All electronics upgraded two years ago. New Simrad AP-28 Auto-pilot, tracks the boat like a dream. 1000 watt Airmar B-260 transducer. Furuno 585. Totally turnkey. As soon as the wind dies, it will be back out to the Hudson Canyon earning it's keep catching more tuna or tilefish or seabass or cod or inshore crab or conch. Complete Hudson Canyon overnight tuna trip and day troll burning under 200 gallons of #2 and that ain't shit.
Love that boat :p- hope to be in the market when it comes up for sale....surprised by the speed with the 3208 esp for a BHM. Any idea what you will be asking?

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
So what is the scoop, Linda married Brown's son or something... She married some semi-famous person in the industry right? Love to know why that boat is for sale... Trust me I can screw up the facts... lol...

Was wondering the exact same thing when i saw it for sale.

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
Was wondering the exact same thing when i saw it for sale.

Didn't Linda marry Steve Wessel the owner of Wesmac boats.

FVSD

Lieutenant Commander
Browne Trading owns the boat and I don't think it was used much. The boat was "K2" bought used for much much less then extended to a 46' set up for tuna and repainted last winter. My guess is two motivations profit and lack of use.

Top Bottom