WTB: 42' Wesmac Sedan for Tuna

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
I'd have to imagine if you are keeping the attention of Mr. Wesmac as a good wife would, he would build you just about anything you wanted... LOL So many places we could go with that...

Dying to see what it is...

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
He is building a friend of mine a 46 with an enclosed bridge 1150 cat. Should have some pictures next week. She's a beast.

Crabman

Lieutenant Commander
36' bhm: $119,000

I've had some requests for the price of my BHM and it is really hard to say but probably $119,000 and no rush. For one, as I said, I have someone interested. You can't put much more fire under him than this but he has time. A new boat has to be delivered before I sell mine.

As for the new, I have looked at a couple of boats. There have been some very good buys which needed to be reconfigured, some a lot of reconfiguring and high time engines. Also, there are a few guys who are steadily building their personal Wesmac boat projects. Weather here on Long Island has been brutal and these projects were out in the open but most work was in the cabin. Tough conditions. We lost months post Sandy.

Negotiations are on going with Steve Wessel at Wesmac. This guy has sold some boats and is a real professional. His price sets the mark for others but so does his operation and attention to detail. I hope we can put a deal together. Seems Long Island is a popular place for some of his boats. New and old.

Capt Dave

Lieutenant
This ones in Beverly Ma and is a nice looking boat, it's an offshore commercial lobster boat. The guy wants to downsize.

AD#34 (1/13) FOR SALE – 2003 42′ Wesmac – 3406 CAT engine – 580hp - ZF transmission – 2:1 ratio – 2 1/2 Stainless steel shaft – 32×32 4 blade bronze wheel – 14″ pot hauler w/ electric clutch- and much much more – Looking to down size - asking 300k or OBO or would consider TRADE - 978-880-2093

Crabman

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks Dave. I'm actually looking for more horse power and not so much refitting. I want a bigger cabin and since most lobster boats have smaller trunks and smaller cabins, I would have to do more work than I'm really looking to do. Been working out a deal with Steve at Wesmac. I would like to go new and get as much fiberglass work done by Steve's crew. I'm comfortable with a lot of the rest. So far it's been a learning experience for me. I never bought a new custom boat. A lot to think about. Steve has been a big help.

Last edited:

Crabman

Lieutenant Commander
He is building a friend of mine a 46 with an enclosed bridge 1150 cat. Should have some pictures next week. She's a beast.

I heard about this build. I would really like to get up to Maine this winter. Looking forward to the pictures.

Jay c

Commander
Boat Make
31' Duffy
I've always wondered what a "custom" fishing charter is.

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
There is no doubt that is a sharp looking boat. It has great balance.

Crabman

Lieutenant Commander
Hey, if you guys keep this up, I'm going to have the beg the wife for an additional four feet. I have to agree Blitzen, the 46' has great balance. It just looks like a nice seaboat.

I've never been on one, anybody else try out the now popular 46'?

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Have not been for a ride, but it is reportedly more efficient as a 46. That's a commercial boat configuration I'm speaking of.

Seadogs

Ensign
the 42 wesmac would be OK for an inshore boat but you do not want to go any smaller than the 46 for any true commercial tuna fishing applications. It is funny to see the banter about the HB. She is a great vessel and I look forward to spilling some more BFT blood on her deck!

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
I think the Crabman knows what he wants by now. Just guessing. I expect he will confirm at some point. I'd like a 55' Wesmac myself, but don't know who's going to buy it for me yet.

Top Bottom