Wtb duffy / beal.

HUNTHARD

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
42 WESMAC
Looking to buy a 35 or 38 Duffy, 36 or 38, Norther bay or something similar to those two boats. Enclosed cabin not lobster style. Anyone have any leads let me know. I have pretty much seen everything on the internet. Maybe you guys have some inside info in the Mass and Maine area. Located on eastern long island. Would like a boat that could at least cruise at 18knots plus. Let’s see what you guys might know of that i haven't seen yet. Thanks for all the help in advance. Budget is around 150. For the right boat might be able to go a little higher. looking to inshore bottom fish and canyon fish. forgot to mention non flybridge and second station would be nice.
Thanks Paul.

Last edited:

Hooper

Captain
Looking to by a 35 or 38 Duffy, 36 or 40 foot Beal or something similar to those two boats. Enclosed cabin not lobster style. Anyone have any leads let me know. I have pretty much seen everything on the internet. Maybe you guys have some inside info in the Mass and Maine area. Located on eastern long island. Would like a boat that could at least cruise at 18knots plus. Let’s see what you guys might know of that i haven't seen yet. Thanks for all the help in advance. Budget is around 150. For the right boat might be able to go a little higher. looking to inshore bottom fish and canyon fish. forgot to mention non flybridge and second station.
Thanks Paul.

Paul this one looks sweet:

Athearn Marine Agency, Inc. - Shipbrokers, Marine Brokers for Commercial Fishing Boats in East Coast United States

HUNTHARD

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
42 WESMAC
thanks, Hooper i have not seen that one. It's amazing how much bigger the 36 beal is than a 35 duffy. with my price range being around 150k. I think i can look at boats asking $200k. what do you guys think? to wider the search alittle more.

HUNTHARD

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
42 WESMAC
tuna fan. I have gotten to this link before. but once i saw how much of a lobster boat it was i never even clicked on it. after you saying with some adjustments it would be a nice canyon boat i went thru the photo's and you are right. i will have to put this on my too see list in the coming months.
thanks.

tuna_fan

Captain
First Name
Eric
Keep in mind I posted 2 Nothern Bay's....they both look nice - one (the one on FB) is a charter/commercial tuna setup $90K, the other appears to be a VERY nice working lobster boat (for $195K!)....I think either would be a good canyon boat.....the expensive one is a split wheelhouse, higher HP and faster cruise, holds 550 gal...might be a better canyon choice. Would just need to take off the pot rack, and the extension...add some big deck lights, and some outriggers...

HUNTHARD

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
42 WESMAC
quick question. since the NB are faster and their hull style is different which gives them more lift. does this make them rock any more when drifting. we do allot of shark fishing in the early season and the rougher the better. i need a boat that in 4 to 6 i will not get rocked to death. let me know what you guys think.
thanks.

HUNTHARD

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
42 WESMAC
I agree the second lobster boat is alittle more my speed. although I have heard Volvo’s when they break are very expensive to have work done on. I would like to plan a trip and see if I can see acouple boats in one trip, coming from eastern long island. Read allot of great things last night about the 38 northern bay. Definitely need to consider looking at them too. I do allot of drifting. what do you guys think out of the 3 drifts the best? Duffy, Beal or NB. 35 to 38 foot.

Last edited:

FVSD

Lieutenant Commander
The Calvin's are going to be great in a drift and at anchor the NB 38 probably second best. My guess is the duffy will rock a little more and doesn't like any weight above the cabin top. The duffy will probably give you the best ride in a headsea with the NB 38 second. I wouldn't worry as much about what type of motor as long a you have a good dealer/support...Volvo, CAT or Cummins. Instead I'd worry about the condition, maintenance and how good was the original finisher. If you take your time you should be able to get a real gem for your price range.

HUNTHARD

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
42 WESMAC
FYSD thanks for the vote of confidence and insight, would you say the NB is the most efficent and fastest out of the 3 , if power being equal for all? I am not a commerical fisherman and I am going heading out in the worst of conditions to get my ass kicked. But on those days where it's nice i would love to do 20 knots and not burn a ton of fuel, yet still be able to drift when it's shitty. we do allot of shark fishing and the rougher the better. perfect conditions are 15 to 20knots and 4 to 5 foot seas for sharking.

George

Lieutenant
Boat Make
52 Millennium Marine
I might have just what you are looking for. 2004 Mitchell Cove 37' . 500 Yanmar. Evolution Shaft. Large enclosed cabin with heat and A/C. Furuno Radar. Garmin GPS. Auto Pilot. Icom VHF. All swivel rod holders. Live well. Transom Door. Hauler. Head. Separate Shower. 2' Pacer Pump. A two year old 6 1/2 KW Northern Lights genset. The boat has a mast to accommodate a green stick. ( Green stick and bandit reel not being sold) Fiberglass outriggers. Rear steering and controls. Bait prep counter and sink with cabinet and drawers in the cock pit. The boat is a proven tuna killer.
It has handled Georges, the NJ Canyons, NC- Wanchese-Oregon Inlet Dec to March.The boat is in top condition. Cruise 20Knts economically. She was built a little light in some areas and we toughened her up a little. I was thinking of letting her go for around 200K.
F/V Scrapper out of Manasquan NJ
Call George if you are interested and want some pictures. 732 904 3579

tuna_fan

Captain
First Name
Eric
I might have just what you are looking for. 2004 Mitchell Cove 37' . 500 Yanmar. Evolution Shaft. Large enclosed cabin with heat and A/C. Furuno Radar. Garmin GPS. Auto Pilot. Icom VHF. All swivel rod holders. Live well. Transom Door. Hauler. Head. Separate Shower. 2' Pacer Pump. A two year old 6 1/2 KW Northern Lights genset. The boat has a mast to accommodate a green stick. ( Green stick and bandit reel not being sold) Fiberglass outriggers. Rear steering and controls. Bait prep counter and sink with cabinet and drawers in the cock pit. The boat is a proven tuna killer.
It has handled Georges, the NJ Canyons, NC- Wanchese-Oregon Inlet Dec to March.The boat is in top condition. Cruise 20Knts economically. She was built a little light in some areas and we toughened her up a little. I was thinking of letting her go for around 200K.
F/V Scrapper out of Manasquan NJ
Call George if you are interested and want some pictures. 732 904 3579

Love the Mitchells....would love to see pics here! Any interest in trading down to a smaller boat ?

Was yours the "Karen Ann" out of Scarborough ME?

Last edited:

Montauk Rocket

Commander

Call George if you are interested and want some pictures.

If you're able to post them, I think we'd all like to see some pics, Capt.

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
attachment.php

There's always this one. 410 hp, does 32 mph. 36 Crowley that can make the switch to a tuna boat pretty quick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom