WTB: Electric "Bandit" Reel

greg

Captain
I'm adding a greenstick to my boat and need a way to haul the bird back in. The mainline will never have a fish on it (lines will detach and be fought r&r).

Needs a functional drag system and working motor. Can be either belt or direct drive, but needs to be small enough to fit a rec boat.

Tx

greg

Captain
Nope, not power. The steering is hydraulic but its manual, well, except for the AP pump.

Is electric hydraulic that much better than electric driven?

I hadn't thought of getting an electric hydraulic pump. But I have the same issue, have to find a bandit reel at a reasonable price.

Tunascapes

Commander
I can only compare this to sanders for sand and salt mix but the newer electric hydraulic units are much more powerful then the newer electric sanders. I have a straight electric and my buddies electric hydraulic unit definitely has more power then mine. I am pretty certain anything hydraulic with have more power then electric. If you are going through the cash for a greenstick considering doing hydraulic but if you are only using this for canyon yellows and the occasional big eye I would think electric might suit your needs.

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
First team, I have hdro slave steering and a seperate pump for the hauler. Witch pump would you use for the bandit reel? The steering pump would be easier because I wouldn't have to worry about turning it on/off when running.

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
We took the return line from the aft helm on a sport fishing boat that we did and used that to power the bandit reel with a simple solenoid diverter valve since the bandit reel had quick disconnects on the lines so it could be removed and stowed. With the solenoid valve we could keep the lines free of pressure when not in use.

Top Bottom