WTB Walter V-Drive RV-40(1.5:1)

DM_PNW

Lieutenant
Thinking about repowering from a PCM 351 to a 6BT. Will need to replace the existing Walter RV-30 (2.09:1) with a RV-40 (1.5:1). Wondering if anyone has one, or knows of one that may be for sale.

Cheers
Dave

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
We have a bigtime contributer here that LOVES to go to Vdrive land! He knows a lot about it and their application. He will find this sooner or later.
I think if you say v-drive three times in a row he appears. Or was that beetlejuice? Or Candyman?

DM_PNW

Lieutenant
Actually, just casting about to see if anyone has one available. Talked with Walter Gear and the local mechanic type guys. Have a plan, just a matter of finding the components.

DM_PNW

Lieutenant
Victoria,BC. Have a 32 that is a local design (11 built) that to my uneducated eye looks similar to a Holland 32.... Need to post some pics. In the backyard for Bayliners it stands out from the crowd. Pretty much every place we tie up within 30 minutes someone comes to check out the boat and compliment on its looks.

As for the "cheers"....

V-Drive

Hi I've got a Paragon V-Drive in excellent condition. It's only got a few hundred hours after a professional rebuild. I'd let it go cheap. Just looking to get rid of it. I have no use for it. I couldn't figure out how to attach pics but if you send me your email address I can send you some.

-Ben

MackE.Rel

Lieutenant
Why not a ZF?

I had a Paragon v drive and it was a tank but the case rusted thru. I called Walters and was not impressed. I looked around a bit more and found a great ZF v drive that was smaller and lighter and handles the power from my big block just fine. I had to replace the shaft as the ZF took up about 1/2 the room the Paragon did. Price was not bad either. I have had it for about 10 years now and zero problems.

DM_PNW

Lieutenant
Good point. For the price of the new v-drive from Walter, i could get a new ZF drive, and that includes the transmission. The current installation uses a jack shaft between the trans and v-drive. Will need to see if there is enough room to make a drive attached to the bell housing work, unless there is a way to make the ZF work with a jackshaft on the input side. Looks like it would be a 63IV, and looks to be more compact than the Walter unit.

As an aside, i found the folks at Walter to be very helpful, after i gave them the serial number. In their domain that seems to be the key. I can see their point as they want to do the best they can, but I suspect this stickling point may drive some away.

Top Bottom