XtraTuf Boots

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
I have "bad" feet and the xtratuffs are the best boots I've ever owned.

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

starrfish

Commander
Boat Make
35 duffy
ive tried out the new "marlin" deck boot this summer.. WICKED lite.. comfy and rub the skin off my legs !! there like 40 buck.. they kinda look like moon boots, but well worth it. no insulation so probably cold in the winter.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Hey, they just had the short boots for like $89 at West Marine, thought that was a steal for them, maybe I am wrong... I picked up a pair for my mate, was happy with the price and quality.

yanmar

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
26 chesepeake 22 tripp
Xtra Tuff recently moved all their manufacturing to China.

I was looking into them but decided against it just because of that.

Anyone have a good USA made boot out there? I need a new pair.
It's a crying shame isn't it , well all be talking chinese one fucking day . I gave up on trying to buy American only products , too hard to find and are usually thru the roof . Xtra tuf for these old sore paws .

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
I've worn them for years. Seems like the insulated ones are more comfortable than the uninsulated ones. The old school insulated ones are not lightweight. I haven't tried the newer style. FWIW the fit pretty tight on the calf, so If you fell overboard you would be hard-pressed to get shed of them.

duxbait

Captain
Thanks for the info guys, good stuff. Sucks they aren't American anymore. Price is probably just the same as when they were.

Tried Marlins but didn't really like the way they flexed and the soles. Don't know but just couldn't get used to them, but damn are they LIGHT.

voodoojfb

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
22' Tripp CC
I have a pair of the 15 inch legacy boots that I bought new this spring. Pretty comfortable boot for my wide feet. Kind of feels like a skate shoe when im running around on deck. Im pretty happy with the purchase, working 6 or 7 days a week on the party boat I never had any issues with foot aches or pains. They can also be rolled down when its hot and your not wearing skins. Not sure how the model your looking at works for rolling down, they kinda look like the upper portion of a muck boot.

pugsley

Captain
the xtratuffs were great, they would last me three or four years until the bottoms wore out, they would never leak, i kicked a catfish one time on the third day of a new pair, spike came right through the boot, and they still never leaked......that being said the last two pairs i bought didn't last six months, and the said "made in usa" on them. everyone around here has been having the same problem. don't buy them.

fishybusiness

Lieutenant
Website
www.northwindcharters.net
Boat Make
2520 Parker sport cabin
x-tuffs

X tuffs went to shit after China took them over. Out here in California that is all we used to wear, but now they don't last so our carrier started carrying Vikings. I am milking my last pair of American made x-tuffs that I have had for three years. If your feet sweat in the insulated ones, which I buy because they have extra padding in the sole which is better on my back, then use bamba socks. These are a blue slip on booty type socks that wick the sweat to the out side of the sock. Feet stay totally dry. They are a bit warm in the summer but you could buy regular ones if you can't stand the heat....

5akman

Commander
Website
www.alldrinsalmon.com
Boat Make
40' Snowball gillnetter
I thought I'd read that they were bringing the manufacturing back to the USA after the Chinese ones proved to be junk. I have a pair of the un-insulated ones and love them except when it comes time to take them off. They are a pain......

fishybusiness

Lieutenant
Website
www.northwindcharters.net
Boat Make
2520 Parker sport cabin
x-tuffs

I didn't relies that they were coming back to the US. That's good the distributors stopped carrying them so I am sure that hit the x-tuff wallet. Don't know if you have ever tried the vikings I heard good reviews except the upper is very wide. Good if you have big calves I guess, but i herd that they can chaff a bit at the boot to, over all good reports from eureka fisherman.

winterking

Rear Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Tom
Boat Make
26’ Duffy

WRHardie

Commander
I'm unfortunately living in Ohio right now but bou
They're made both in China and Illinois, the Illinois plant couldn't keep up with demand. China has re-tooled their plant due to the high number of complaints, so I've heard. I like to buy American Made when I can but fishing foreign made reels, mono, terminal tackle, and so on I'm not gonna split hairs over a good pair of boots. That said the Vikings (made in Malaysia) are pretty good too, always made the switch during winter monking, standing in the pile those little needle teeth would shred the toes on Xtratuffs.

TunaAck

Lieutenant
ive tried out the new "marlin" deck boot this summer.. WICKED lite.. comfy and rub the skin off my legs !! there like 40 buck.. they kinda look like moon boots, but well worth it. no insulation so probably cold in the winter.

They're pretty slippery on a wet deck is the only problem...

Top Bottom