Yanmar 6cx ete anyone have info ?

I see a boat for sale with this engine and I wonder if anyone on here has one or could tell me any thing about it? It is in a 32 downeast hull and they say it has 2200 hours. Thanks

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
Excellent motor. It was one of the true work horses in the Yanmar line. The motor was rated at continuous RPMs of 2600 @ 375 HP & WOT at 2700 RPMs & 420 HP. Amazing motor that you can run all day long at 100 RPMs off the top. The motor was short lived at 420 HP. It was bumped up to a whooping 500 HP at 2900RPMs a year or two later. The motor however fell off the Yanmar line do to tier limits. The only draw back on the motor was that she was a smokey motor when cold. I highly recommend this motor it was a diamond in it day & by todays standards it is still a ten.
It should be noted that there was some issues with the early model as related to the raw water pump. The shaft that drove the pump would sear off, but Yanmar corrected that problem. Jump on this motor it is a honey.
Lastly like all Yanmars make sure it turns up to the full rated RPMs of 2700.

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
2200 Hours on that work horse is nothing the motor is a bull with very little to maintained. Just keep the valves adjusted, antifreeze every other year, zincs every 75 & make sure the raw water pump was upgraded.

jojobee

Commander
The latest version is a 6CX530. Common rail and a different head than the one you are looking at. Nice engine

Top Bottom