YB 45 vs Duffy 42

DEFIANCE

Lieutenant
Boat Make
32 BHM
Looking to move up in size. I currently have a 31 BHM .Looking on the used market after my season ends in November.Starting my research now and looking for opinions. Size -deck space- stability in a side sea -speed - economy -room under deck and any other comparisons you could add.

Lion's Paw

Lieutenant Commander
Website
www.divehatteras.com
Boat Make
42 Duffy
I have no idea how they compare but I sure do like my 42 Duffy. It really is almost perfect boat for what I do. Sits at anchor well and runs in any sea I want to be out in without a beating. Passengers are always commenting on the soft ride compared to other boats. Predictable thru the breaking inlet and so easy to keep on course at any point of sail even my most goofy mate can do it.

I cruise 18, fully loaded with divers which is really heavy load, and for a good sized heavy loaded boat it is within reason on the fuel burn at around 1.25 per mile at that speed.

She is built pretty decent and the new ones use better materials and less wood. I would say come buy mine but I am not done with her just yet.

YankeeFPT

Commander
Website
www.yankeemarina.com
Boat Make
If it floats we will be glad to work on it.
45 YB all day long. SW boatworks are some great people to work with. There is a 45 with a Scania going in the water shortly in Boothbay Harbor. I would go with a FPT C13 for power, but I am a little biased.

Top Bottom