Yeah! (not)... five mandatory consecutive weekends!

Panhandler80

Captain
And so begins my turn it appears.

Have taken very few risks since mid March of last year. Flew to NY in oct to look at a boat. Ate outdoors in Key West back in august after living on boat for five nights with four adults two dogs and a 1 year old.... and that’s honestly about it. Groceries are all pick up and most everything else comes Amazon. I will run into Lowe’s at 6 am for project items on occasion.

Well, last Sunday we took out boy to a little local marine park, and then had some beers and snacks at a place outdoors. Orders, as well as bathroom, must be placed inside, though.

Little cough Wed am. Got rapid test and tested negative. Wed pm find out one of the people we ran into on Sunday tested positive wed pm. Great. Little fever wed night. Fever Thur am. Stayed home yesterday and tested again this am. Wife tested again this pm and she’s still coming up negative. She got her first vaccine shot a couple weeks ago. Anyway, looks like I’ll be spending 10 days upstairs.... or deer hunting??? Honestly, my biggest symptom at moment is pure exhaustion. So no hunting for now. Slept from 8:30 pm wed until 230 pm yesterday.

Have spoken with my dr and he has a called in a scrip for me. One that includes Hydroxychloroquine. I could not have tested positive any sooner than I did. So far zero of his patients have needed hospitalization, which is pretty cool. Also have been on zinc, D, C, Pepcid and baby aspirin since Tuesday.

Let our guards down for one freakin second. Crazy luck.

My test this am. Boy’s 19 mo picture on the 20th. And us at marine park last a Sunday. 290735B8-5CC2-41BE-8D6A-246DB89FEAC8.jpeg 90FF5FC1-38A5-4CE8-83F6-5EEFC566E338.jpeg 76764D52-2933-421F-9988-E1BC6C5A4B6D.jpeg

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

sailor of fortune

Rear Admiral
First Name
Jack
Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
My crew and myself got "sick" last year at this time. Chief Eng thought he got strep from his kids like he does every year. The whole crew came down with varying symptoms, with the Ch Eng having the worst...He was down hard for 10 days or so. He went to the dock in the box in Brunswick, Ga and they said it was an upper raspatory infection of some sort...Not strep.. I think we all had covid.. before it became an identified flu virus.

kcassells

Rear Admiral
Lite User

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
I get mad when i hear people make light of this virus. For some its a nothing burger. If your older and have health issues it can be deadly. Im a healthy active guy. I was in bed for 15 days with a covid. I was very weak and could not get out of bed for several days. Its a mental game too because you dont know how far its going to take you down that road. I have been back at work for several weeks and i still cant smell anything.

OLD BAY

Captain
Lite User
First Name
Eric
Boat Make
Wasque 32, Shelter Island 38

HARDTAIL

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User

Panhandler80

Captain
Thanks folks. Just a little irritated to be honest. We let our gaurds down for a few hours and this is the price. It’ll be fine. Throwing the kitchen sink at it early on. Hopefully I’ll never have symptoms any worse than the ones experienced so far.

Little man very confused as to why he hears me upstairs and occasionally sees me, but we aren’t hanging out. Tough. And this is only Day 2.

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
Thanks folks. Just a little irritated to be honest. We let our gaurds down for a few hours and this is the price. It’ll be fine. Throwing the kitchen sink at it early on. Hopefully I’ll never have symptoms any worse than the ones experienced so far.

Little man very confused as to why he hears me upstairs and occasionally sees me, but we aren’t hanging out. Tough. And this is only Day 2.
Your going to be A ok.

Frank Grimes

Rear Admiral
First Name
John
My crew and myself got "sick" last year at this time. Chief Eng thought he got strep from his kids like he does every year. The whole crew came down with varying symptoms, with the Ch Eng having the worst...He was down hard for 10 days or so. He went to the dock in the box in Brunswick, Ga and they said it was an upper raspatory infection of some sort...Not strep.. I think we all had covid.. before it became an identified flu virus.
I had the exact same experience, as did several people in my neighborhood. Had a rough cough for a few weeks in early February and pulled out of it. Had a 48hr flu in March. Either could’ve been COVID, or neither. I’ll never know.

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
I had the exact same experience, as did several people in my neighborhood. Had a rough cough for a few weeks in early February and pulled out of it. Had a 48hr flu in March. Either could’ve been COVID, or neither. I’ll never know.
John you can get an anti body test to find out if you had it.

Panhandler80

Captain
If you don't have one already, get a pulse oximeter. You need to monitor your lung's capacity to move oxygen into your bloodstream.

Amazon.com

Hoping for a speedy and full recovery for you and family!

Osprey47

I’ve got one. I’m pretty sure this won’t be too big of a deal. Just a PITA and I hope in didn’t get anybody at work sick Tuesday or Wed.

Feel pretty good today. Although have never really felt that bad. They say Week 2 is when things typically turn south if they do. 90% sure exposure was Sunday. Negative test Wed. Pos test Fri and started meds Fri.

Well see. If nothing changes by next week, I’ll be doing some work from home and may even try to go kill a deer.

Top Bottom