Zero Dark Thirty

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Saw Zero Dark Thirty today and very good movie. Sure its a movie but probably tells one of the greatest stories of our generation in a sense. The movie is well done in its cinematography however its a little slow in the beginning.

One thing I think it really portrays is how we all mostly love this country to a certain point but how a very few individuals really love and breath that love for this country.

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Good topic Shawn. I saw it the other night too and I thought it was very well done and although we only know what we are told by the media , it seems pretty accurate in terms of the timeline etc. god bless seal team 6, and the rest of the people that had a part in killing that monster .

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Yup...

I swear the gunshots and explosions sounded different, I almost think they might have been more "real" almost like that other seal movie they just made where they used real fire arms, etc.

I got chocked up with the whole "for God and Country". Its funny because we all know a few people like that from MMA.

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
Saw that the other night too. Great movie i liked how it was more on how it happened than the actual mission itself. After a little research i found it was written before bin laden was killed and was supposed to be about the failed attempt to kill bin laden while he hid in the mountains. Gave me a little different perspective on the movie.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Sounds like the movie Fever Pitch when they had to re-edit it because the Red Sox won the world series...

Interesting though...

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
haha good comparison! If you think about it though it was released a year after the event took place which is extremely quick for a movie. Also would like to know how much of the info is factual.

Hooper

Captain
When I heard it was directed by Kathryn Bigelow I knew it would be a great flick. She directed The Hurt Locker which is a great movie, at least I loved it.

Top Bottom